National EMS Information System, Technical Assistance Center - Salt Lake City, UT
This page contains information about the NEMSIS Version 3 Dataset.
The revision process of the Version 3 Dataset has been conducted in concert with the acquisition of an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Approval of the NEMSIS Dataset. ANSI approval requires the use of a Standards Development Organization (SDO) to help harmonize the NEMSIS standard with other national standards in the pre-hospital and emergency department settings. Health Level 7 (HL7) is a recognized health care SDO, and NEMSIS has chosen this organization to accomplish this task.
The Version 3 revision has included input from EMS stakeholders across the nation and include EMS agency users and vendors of software products. Vendors create products that are used to send and receive EMS data in the proper XML format from agencies to states, then on to the National EMS Database. Users and vendors have extensive knowledge of EMS electronic patient care record documentation and data collection. These individuals and organizations have played a key role in the development and finalization of the NEMSIS Version 3 Dataset.
NEMSIS Version 3.4.0 Build 150302 Data Dictionary
Data Dictionary and CSV files can be found under Downloads
NEMSIS Version 3.4.0 Build 150302 Change Log
NEMSIS Version 3 Elements Mapping Documents
- Version 2.2.1 to Version 3 Dataset (excel) (Created 11-16-2011)
- Version 3 to Version 2.2.1 Dataset (excel) (Created 11-16-2011)
NEMSIS Version 3.4.0 Build 150302 Performance Measures
- Elements by Performance Measure Category
Demographic Dataset (txt)
EMS Dataset (txt)
CAD Dataset (txt)
MedDevice Dataset (txt)
Timeline for Migration to NEMSIS Version 3
- NEMSIS V3 NEMSIS Transition Timeline (pdf) (Updated 05-01-2015)
NEMSIS Version 3 Requisite National Elements
- NEMSIS V3 Requisite National Elements - EMS Dataset (EMS ePCR/Event Elements) (PDF) (Posted 07-09-2013)
- NEMSIS V3 Requisite National Elements - DEM Dataset (Demographic [Agency] Elements) (PDF) (Posted 07-09-2013)
NEMSIS TAC Version 3 Revision and Release Information
- NEMSIS TAC V3 Revision Release Schedule Policy (pdf) (Posted, 02-27-2013; Updated 11-25-2014)
- NEMSIS TAC Version 3 Revision Definitions (pdf) (Posted 11-25-2014)